Sunday, November 16, 2008

What to do?

I have been sitting here struggling with my homework off and on all afternoon. We only have about 4 weeks of class left and I am stressing out. I didn't do well on my last two tests and now I feel like I'm so far behind I don't even know how to catch up. It's all very overwhelming and makes me want to quit completely. I've been thinking about taking a break from school and going back later, but I know it will only get harder. I've already had to sit in on a few classes that I already had credit for just to refresh my memory. I know it will be the same way if I quit now and try to go back later, which makes me think I ought to just quit for good. I'm so close to finishing the math requirements, but the classes I have left are pretty intimidating and will require a lot of time, which I don't have much of. I just don't know what to do. I would love to make school a priority, but it falls pretty low on the list. There are just too many other things that have to come first. I have always been a good student and when things are busy at home, I've always been able to do enough to get by. It's starting to get harder to just 'get by'. Any advice out there? My husband sure isn't full of any. I know he wouldn't be upset if I quit, and I'm just not sure how I feel about it. I hate struggling through my school work. I know, math is hard, but for me it's always come pretty easily with minimal work. I just don't know where to find the time to do the work without one kid screaming for food and the other for attention. I just don't know what to do...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it must be hard with two kids and going to school. Paul really wants to go back to school to finish but it is so hard with working and now teo kids. You have to think about what you will do once you get your teaching degree. Will you go to work? Still stay home with the kids? hang in there- Say a prayer and hope for a quick response from "up there."
Wendy

mrsolsenk12 said...

I am starting to realize how hard that is. I had to drop out this semester because I could no handle the stress of the cycle and the pregnancy. I am going to take off next semester as well. Honestly, as much as I would like to, I am not sure if I will be able to go back next year or not. I would do whatever you feel is best and whatever would make you the happiest.

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how to imagine going back to school while raising 2 kids, taking care of a husband, and keeping a farm going.... I had to go back to school for the last 3 years to finish up my Math endorsement, so I was able to be teaching the math position I was already holding! I know how hard that was for me.... What classes do you have left? If you see yourself in a classroom after you finish... hang in there... taking a year off this last year before going for my master's makes me not want to go back this summer and once again... I have no one to worry about, but me.... If you decide it is best to wait to finish the degree... than that is exactly what you should be doing... I love teaching 6th graders math... it is very rewarding... but being able to raise my boys and stay sane... I think that would be even more! haha I am going to steal from another post... Just pray about it... hopefully the big guy upstairs will answer quickly and make it easy for you!!!

Katie B

Shara said...

I don't have a perfect answer, but when I stress about choosing between the kids and something else, my mom always told me :"They're only little for a little while. They'll be gone way too soon, and then you'll have all the time in the world to do ______________." I'll keep you in my prayers. It's not an easy decision.