Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Road Trip

It's been a while since we headed out to my parents' for a weekend. I think the last time we were out there was back in May. So I figured we'd head out for an early Thanksgiving. It was a good trip. Pat and I got a night out Friday. I did some shopping with a friend on Saturday, and we hung out with my family Saturday night. Cole was pretty excited and was Papa's shadow most of the weekend. I got most of my Christmas shopping done. Sad, I know. I used to not like to start until after Thanksgiving, but since living in the middle of nowhere, I start when there is free shipping, or whenever I get a chance. We are heading to the cities in another week or two and I don't really have any shopping left. I'm sure I'll find something I need to get. I bought Cole the Candyland Castle Game. It's kind of bingo with shapes. I had it sitting in the bedroom and he came in and worked really hard to get it out of the bag. Then proceeded to try to get Auntie Jenny to open the box for him. She didn't give in. He is just enthralled by that package. I did put it away when we got home. I guess I'll have to wrap up presents before he discovers my not so hidden hiding spot.

My exciting news is that I got tickets to see Jeff Dunham for Pat and my anniversary. I'm so excited. I haven't figured out how we are going to work it with the kids yet. I'm not sure if we'll leave them here and stay in a hotel, or take them out to my parents and head there after the concert. I'd love to stay overnight, but with nursing it's a tough call. Night time and mornings are hard to miss. Granted I can pump, but the one night he had a bottle before bed he was up at 2 instead of 4, which means more feedings. I'm sure he'll be fine, I just worry that whoever he stays with won't wake up right away or Cole will have trouble going to sleep, or etc. I guess you never stop worrying. I just want to be able to relax and have a good time.

No comments: