Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Smell of Poo

is radiating through my house. It's been a few weeks now, and no one can seem to figure out where it is coming from, but everyone seems to agree that our house smells like sewage. How lovely. It's typically been bad whenever I do laundry, which in my book is a darn good reason to not do it, however, I do like to wear clean underwear. Currently I am not doing anything, and my house reeks. I can't help but wonder, do I smell like poo? Do my clothes smell like poo? Do my kids smell like poo? Yuck. They are supposed to come pump the septic tank tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful it will help. They've already replaced part of the pipe in hopes that was it, but no luck. So if anyone comes to visit, I appologize. Just so you know, I can smell it too, and I don't like it either. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remeber that the vent pipe would occaisionally get plugged with ice in the winter and then the house would stink, but other than that I am not sure what would cause it.

Anonymous said...

do you have a drain in your basement floor? sometimes when floor drains get dry, they stink really bad... sulfur-like. just pour some bleach water down the drain and that should help, if that is the culprit, that is! :)
andrea