Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, how else would we get Jenny confessions?
  • Side note: On our way to the tree farm, Jenny would muster up the courage to confess something she did years and years before. I don't remember what it was that she confessed, but something about the drive to get a Christmas tree just made her crack.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the second week of December or whenever we get to it.
4. When do you take the tree down? Depends on whether we are traveling or not. I like to leave it up for New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? I don't think I've ever tried it, but I have no desire to drink eggs, alcohol or not.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my Cabbage Patch Doll, Misty. I think it must have been the Christmas I was 5.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Pat's mom
8. Easiest person to buy for? Cole
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A gold paint pen from my sister Kris. I think she was really cheap with everyone that year.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppet's Christmas Carol
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I used to wait until December, but now I start whenever the free shipping deals start.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Nut bars, Reese's PB cup cookies. Mmmm.
16. Lights on the tree? of course. I think ours are clear, but I like colored too.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Ring Christmas Bells. Does anyone know of a CD that this is on? I can't find it. Every commercial uses it, but I can't get it on CD.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? There is usually some travel, but I prefer to stay home on Christmas Day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think so.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with Pat's family, and then our own Christmas gifts Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The commercials and grouchy shoppers. It's Christmas!
23. Themed tree or traditional ornaments? Themed tree?? Do people actually do that? Is random a theme?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, mashed potatoes, orange jello salad, green bean dish, and pie!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Wii fit
26. Favorite part about Christmas? The atmosphere in preparation for the birth of Baby Jesus. I love the decorations, the food, the music, the traditions, the giving and getting gifts, but I think my favorite part are church hymns.
27. Favorite Christmas Tradition? Growing up, it had to be putting up the lights with my Dad. When we moved to our new house, hardly anyone on our street put up lights, but we put up so many it looked like we had an airport landing strip. Gradually, every year, our neighbors put up more and more lights.
Now it would be making ornaments of my boys. I've decided that every year our kids will make an ornament with their picture on it so we can see how they've grown through the years. This will be the first year Cole will be able to color his own.

No comments: