Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Turkeys and Make-Believe

We took the boys to a Turkey Good Time at school last night. When I was getting Cole changed into his good clothes I told him we were going to school. He replied "at school, B~". B~ is a little girl from play group. Her mom happens to be the teacher. I was surprised. He normally doesn't have anything to do with the other kids, so the fact that he does realize they exist was a plus. At school he was trying to hit another kid with his turkey, which shocked me. He wasn't being mean, just swinging his turkey at J~. Anywho, it was a good time. Even Tate had fun looking at himself in the mirror and talking and smiling at himself. It was pretty cute.

Cole has being doing a lot of pretend lately. Usually he picks up "food" and eats it. He'll usually share with me, and even Tate. This morning he was eating beans. Not candy or cake, beans. What can I say, the kid loves beans. He was also playing with his baby today. He calls his baby Tate and put him up on the changing table where he proclaimed "woooweee!" Apparently his baby was stinky. He fed his baby some beans too. Maybe that's why he was stinky. He's also been doing a lot of singing lately. Usually his songs involve combining corn or the cow says moo moo moo. No farm boy here! He's been pretty cute lately. He continues to amaze me with how much he picks up. He says oops a lot when he plays wii (I'm not very good at some of the games). He can count to 6, most of the time. He's learning shapes and knows the letter B and W. What amazes me is that we have barely worked on letters or shapes and he remembers them after only one or two times. I think it's safe to say he must be a genius!

No comments: