Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby Wearing Week

Since I have a hard time coming up with decent blog posts, I stole this idea from my sister.

I guess it is International Baby Wearing Week. I didn't wear Cole much, outside of the barn. When he was really little it was hard because 1) he was too small for most carriers, and 2) I couldn't wear his apnea monitor that easily. When I started helping with chores, I bought the cheap evenflo soft carrier. Needless to say, it was not comfortable, but I toughed it out. When he got big enough, I bought a back pack carrier. It wasn't all that comfortable either, but it worked. This time around, I decided to spend the money and get a good carrier. I bought an ergo, and love it. It is a little complicated to get on in the front wearing position. You almost need to be double jointed to reach around your back and clip it, but it is doable. I am very inflexible, so it may not be as complicated for normal people;). I also have a mei tai which is super cute. It's not as comfortable for longer wear as the ergo, but it's much better than the cheap ones. My sisters bought that one for me as a baby gift. The nice thing about those carriers is that the baby sits in it versus hanging in it like the baby bjorn.

I still don't wear Tate all that much. I use it for trips to the mall, and the doctor. I still use his infant carrier for running errands. It's just easier to put him in a cart than unstrapping and restrapping him. But when there is no cart available, in the carrier he goes. It's especially nice when I have both boys by myself. We do have a double stroller, but it's hard to manuever in places like the mall. Once Tate is out of his infant carrier (as soon as he's able to sit) I'm sure I'll wear him a lot more.

No comments: