Saturday, November 15, 2008

Four Months

and a day...


I didn't even realize yesterday was the 14th and our baby is 4 months old! Man, time goes fast. He did get his first taste of cereal yesterday. He did ok. I don't think he ate much, but it's a start. I'm not big on pushing the solids. Frankly, both boys were sleeping through the night long before they started solids. Tate however, seems to think he needs to eat every 2 hours during the day. Which is getting tiring and makes it really hard to accomplish anything, or play wii ;-). So I thought I'd start some solids and see how it goes. We do put him in his high chair when we eat and he has started to mouth a little bit. I'm in no hurry, but when I have the time, we'll try it again. I think he is also working on a tooth. I'm not thrilled about this. It's much too early for teething. He has been drooling, and every once in a while runs a mild fever. Both signs of teething. I think that may also be the cause of wanting to eat all the time. Sucking is comforting. He is getting so big. We go in for a checkup on Tuesday and I'm anxious to check his weight. He's also getting some personality, and is a surprisingly happy baby. He smiles and coos and giggles.







Cole really wanted to help, so he dug in the drawer, grabbed a spoon, and dug in the cereal. Yes, he did shove it in Tate's mouth as well.






Cole is doing great. He loves to play baseball on the wii. Every day he asks "play baseball?" It's pretty cute. Don't worry, we dont' spend all day playing video games. We do let him play though. Usually we'll let him pitch since that doesn't involve timing or pressing any buttons. He does pretty well. Mostly he just likes to watch and cheer. I got him this super cute raincoat a couple of weeks ago. He got to wear it once before it got too cold. I got him matching rain boots, which should fit next year. He wore out his rubber boots this year and I'm hoping the Lands End boots will last through two farm kids.


1 comment:

mrsolsenk12 said...

Wow, I can't believe Tate is 4 months old already! Time sure flies!!