Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Good Glass of Wine

When I was pregnant with Tate I decided that after he was born I would start drinking wine. Pat gets his beer every night, I should be able to drink a nice glass of wine. Besides, red wine is supposed to be good for you. Here's the problem, I don't really like wine. Granted I've had some good wine but it was 3 years ago and from a winery in California and I don't have a clue what it is called. Pat bought me some Turning Leaf white zinfandel earlier this fall, but I don't like it that much. It came in a 4 pack, which I think is just a step up from boxed wine. I'm looking for a red wine that is fruity and sweet and not so wine tastyish. Something along the lines of the flavor of Boone's Farm Wine, but that you would only drink a glass of. I think it's an unspoken rule that you have to drink an entire bottle of Boone's, but I'm not sure. So something not so college-binge-drinkingish (I'm full of made up words today). I bought 2 bottles at the liquor store today. The lady there recommended them, so we'll see. One is Bartenura Moscato and the other is Cafe Zinfandel from the Gallo Family. So if you know of a good wine, leave a comment and maybe I'll check it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Sangria- YUMMY!

Also Sutter Home Moscato is very sweet. One of my faves....

Wendy

Anonymous said...

i also enjoy moscato and sangria is pretty tasty as well. also try a reisling. i don't think it's a red though... but it's good!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Moscato is a sweet wine and the Cafe zin is what I was going to recommend to you. It is a red that you can chill and tastes great either way. Let me know how you like them.

Anonymous said...

moscato rocks, and its not red but try riesling.
Cathy