Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thank You

Thank you for all the sympathy for Calvin. I spent most of Friday and part of Saturday in tears. I really just wish I had a chance to say good bye. Pat went to bury him somehow on Saturday. The thought of some animal munching on my dog is just too much for me. I don't know what he did, but he says it's taken care of. I didn't want to see him. The thought of him broken and lifeless puts me in tears. I've seen the stain on the road and my imagination is bad enough. I spent a couple of days in a funk, but am doing much better. We've talked about getting a dog this spring, but we'll see. Neither of us really wants another lab, and that's what most mutts are. I do want a dog of our own. Calvin was really my first pet. We had a dog and cat growing up, but Princess was my dad's dog and Sam was my sister's cat. I picked Calvin out. There were 3 puppies in his litter. A bigger one, Calvin, and a smaller female. Pat kind of wanted the bigger one, but Calvin just kept pushing the others out of the way so he could lick me. I couldn't resist. He was meant to be Pat's dog, but he was really mine. I taught him everything he knew, which wasn't much. I took him for walks and let him sleep in the house when Pat was gone. He was my dog and I'd give just about anything to pet him one last time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh your are making me cry......Hang in there. I know it really just sucks (for lack of a better word)....

Wendy