Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A High School Dream Come True

Back in high school, the in thing was to have a snowmobile. I wanted one sooo bad. That probably had more to do with boys, than actually riding a snowmobile, but I digress. Since there was no way my job at DQ was going to pay for a snowmobile, I bought a coat instead.

Pat and I have been semi-seriously joking about getting a snowmobile. Last Friday night we decided we should get one and Saturday we bought one. We are both horrible impulse buyers when it comes to things like that. Anywho, so 12 years later, I've finally got a snowmobile to go with my coat. It's no Ski-Doo MXZ, but it will do. We bought a heavy duty sled to pull the kids behind it. Pat and I even ditched the kids on Sunday to go riding. Pat took it out the other night and I got my turn yesterday. It was fun. It's nice to just get out and enjoy the snow. There are groomed trails all around us, so that makes it even better.

We bought a helmet for Cole hoping that he would wear it. He screamed in the store whenever we came near him with one. He liked the goggles though, so we were hoping...After a ride with Daddy he didn't want the helmet off. I'm amazed it actually worked.

No comments: