Thursday, January 8, 2009

Road Trip

Our trip to my parents last week was good. We left Tuesday afternoon and got in just before bed time. Coley got to stay up late and play racing (MarioKart) with Papa. Wednesday I gt to run errands all by myself. Pat ran in to Plainview with my dad and Cole to look at some machinery. I left the baby with my mom. It was so nice to shop by myself. Pat and I took off later that afternoon to see Jeff Dunham in Minneapolis. It was great. If you aren't familiar with him at all, look him up on youtube. I'd link a clip, but I'm too lazy. Guitar Guy was his opening act and was really good. He had a song about a black guy going to a big house and thanks to the taxpayers will have 24 hour security...Thanks OJ. Ok, maybe you had to be there, but hilarious. Jeff was on for almost 2 hours. I was expecting an hour, not two. It was great. The only bad part was the kid next to me. He was a little annoying. I don't know, I don't think it was a family show. The kid was probably old enough (Jr. High/ early HS age), but I still wouldn't have bought him a ticket. Anywho, Thursday we went out to the mall and found some pretty decent deals. I found jeans that fit! Unfortunately they are Gap jeans and cost $60, but if you spend $75 it was 30% off, so we got some other things basically free. We got Cole some new shoes and Tate a really cute winter hat. Friday morning we headed back home.

Today I took the boys to get their pictures taken. Cole did pretty well, and Tate too. Click here to see them.

I did a little shopping today too. I really need to stop that. Milk price is projected to fall to $11 so I have a feeling money will get a little tighter this year. I did find some good clearance deals though. I got a couple of shirts for me and some clothes for the kids. Just for kicks I tried on a retro print shirt. Yeah, not my style. Cute on others, but not so much on me.

Currently I am sitting in the bathroom waiting for Cole to us the potty and listening to him whine for his diaper. I am at wits end with this kid. He knows when he poops, and tells me, but refuses to use the potty. Any advice? I've tried the not pushing approach and he stopped sitting on the potty all together. I tried the slight nudge, no luck. Now I'm trying the pushy approach, but I think I'll cave before he does. I can't stand the whining! I've tried bribing him with a sucker, but he still won't go. Well, I better go. He starting to tear up, which means he either can't hold it anymore or he's going to start screaming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best advice I got (and will give to you) is to LET IT GO! I tried every aproach and J would pee/poo in his pull-up. I tired the "put him in undies" approach nad went through 6 outfits in one 8 hour period. I was a nervous wreck- couldn't go anywhere for fear of wetting. So I let it go on the advice of a friend. One day, he said that he didn't want a diaper anymore and hasn't wet himself since! He was 3 1/2 and I thought it would never happen but it did. Cole is so young- don't push it! My friend is going through this right now too and I told her the same thing. Hang in there. He will get it. I heard girls are easier to train but I guess that doesn't help you much huh? :)
Wendy