Friday, January 2, 2009

Goodbye Calvin

We returned from our trip to my parents today. We had a good time, and I promise I'll update you on that later. When we got home today we found out our dog, Calvin, got hit and killed by the milk truck yesterday. He would have been 5 in February. I knew it was bound to happen, but I was really hoping it would be Yogi (sorry Hope) that got hit. When we moved both dogs got into the habit of chasing cars. They both did it to an extent before we moved, but got worse as a team. I miss my dog. He was a good dog. We got him as a puppy from the humane society when Pat graduated from NDSU. He chewed everything for about the first two years. I don't know how many garden hoses he ruined. He chewed the windshield wipers off my car at least twice. He chewed through an extension cord that was plugged in. He ripped apart an entire bag of insulation. He did grow out of it and became a pretty good dog. He played quite a few kittens to death, but would get beat up by our house cat, Roy. He loved Cole. He became very protective when we brought Cole home, and the Fed Ex guy was terrified of him. I'll miss watching our boys grow up playing with our dog. We still have 2 dogs on the farm, so I don't know that we will get another one any time soon, but Calvin was our dog and I'm really going to miss him.

Goodbye puppy, you were a good dog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh- That is so horrible! I am so sorry Becky! Losing a pet is just terrible...


Wendy

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the swimming pool & the greenhouse he chewed through! Those were classics!

Losing a pet is so hard. Especially when it's so unexpected.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Calvin ... I love the pic of him and Cole in his dog bed while Cole is "reading" books. And Calvin was an adorable puppy. :)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

once again i am so sorry about you loss...
hugs,
me