Thursday, January 15, 2009

6 Months

My baby turned 6 months yesterday! Can you believe how much he's changed? He had his checkup today. We tried the nurse practitioner today and I really like her. She actually spent time with him. Instead of just scanning the check list, she tried some of the things with him. It's amazing to have someone actually take their time to see how he is doing. So his stats...14lb 14 oz - 15%, 26" - 25%. His head circumference was a little low and they seemed a little concerned with that, but not horribly concerned. He is doing most of what he should. He isn't rolling yet, but I think it's coming pretty quick. He's getting really grabby. He loves his big brother. He was watching Cole last night and just laughing at every move Cole made. It was pretty cute. I had to bring Cole along to the doctor. He normally screams but he did really well. He got a little nervous when she brought out the stethoscope and the thingy to check eyes and ears.

After the doctor we headed to Walmart where people were actually helpful! Amazing, I know. First we stopped at Subway, in Walmart. A lady there saw my hands were full and offered to dump my tray for me. Then I went to pick up a file cabinet, but it didn't fit in my cart with the car seat so an employee brought it up for me and had someone carry it out to the van.

The weather has been incredible, not in a good way. It was -23 this morning at 8 AM. Luckily there isn't much for wind so it wasn't too horrible dragging the boys around. The weekend looks promising. They are talking 20s! Heat wave! Maybe I'll get the last of my outside Christmas lights down finally.

I also got my Wii Fit this week. I played with it a little bit the first night. Yesterday, while both boys were sleeping, I decided to actually work out with it. My abs haven't hurt this bad in a long time. It hurts to laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Wii Fit is great, isn't it?
Cathy