Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Trip to the ER, Again

This time it was Pat, not Cole, who made a late afternoon trip to the ER today. (A different ER than Tuesday night). Pat was working up in the silo and caught the metal end of a bungee strap between his eyelid and eye. Luckily he didn't damage anything in his eye, but his eyelid is bruised and swollen. He did make it back in time for swimming, although he just sat on the sidelines with Tate. He says it doesn't hurt too bad. I think the worst part is the screwed up vision. He got dizzy riding in the car, so that will take some getting used to. It should heal up and be fine. The biggest worry is infection since the metal end was rusty and dirty from being in the silo. He's on 2 antibiotics, one oral and one an eye drop. He doesn't have glasses or contacts, so he's not used to touching his eye and has trouble with the eye drops. I'm just sooo glad he didn't damage anything.

Cole had his final swimming lesson tonight. He pulled some attitude tonight and didn't want to do anything. He did go down the slide with me a couple of times. We sat at the top and watched for quite a while before he decided we could go down. The first time went fine so we went again, but the second time I lost my balance and ended up going down on my back instead of sitting, so that freaked him out a little. He's doing much better as far as the fever is concerned. I kept him drugged up all day so we could make it to swimming, but he hasn't had anything since about 4. I'm really looking forward to a day when we are all completely healthy!

No comments: