Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bits and Pieces

It's been a very busy and random week. Saturday night we had a house warming party. I had been wanting to do this for a while, but at the same time not wanting to do it at all. See, I love having people over, but if you throw a house warming party, people think they need to bring gifts. I didn't want any gifts. It was a good time with neighbors and friends, and yes we got a few gifts. We got some very nice picture frames, a couple of plants, and some money, which was used to buy a new apple tree and some strawberries. We also got a very nice bird feeder that Coley and I hung out today. He stood underneath it saying "Birdies, here birdies." Funny they didn't come flying in. Anywho, the party went well. Just as Pat and I were heading to bed, we heard an awful lot of bellaring, from the cows. Sure enough, one comes running past our window. So out we went to chase cows back in the barn. It's an experience to stand in the dark and hear a heard of cattle running towards you and not being able to see a thing. It didn't take long, but it was still almost 1 AM by the time we got to bed. Sunday was a day for napping.

Today Tate had his 9 month check. He weighed in at 16 lb 15 oz, 5%. He is 28 inches, 43%, which is as close to 50% as either or the boys have ever been. His head circumference was 44 cm, which is up to 16%, much better than barely on the chart. He's doing pretty well. He has had a little bit of a runny nose and was running a little fever this morning. It's not an ear infection though, so that's good. Either it's a virus or it's teeth. I'm hoping it's teeth. I made him cry himself back to sleep last night and surprisingly, he stayed asleep until 7 this morning. He was an absolute bear last night. I know, hard to imagine. He's such a happy guy when others are around that no one seems to believe me. Other than that, nothing terribly new with him. We are still awaiting the results from his physical therapy eval. I'd love to get him moving, but if Coley taught me anything, it's that he'll move when he's good and ready to move.

Cole is doing well too. He helped me plant strawberries. He is loving his new yard. He can go in and out the door by himself, so he spends a lot of time outside playing. His new favorite thing is feeding his brother. Unfortunately, it isn't usually baby approved food. The other night I went out to grill steaks and when I came back in Tate was screaming and he had half a recipe card in his hand. The other half wound up in his stomach. Apparently Cole thought he wanted to bake. Coley also tried to share his banana the other day by shoving a chunk in Tate's mouth. Needless to say, we now have to watch him like a hawk. Pat took Cole to school last night. He thought maybe the separation anxiety was because of me. It wasn't. Cole did fine though. He still cries as soon as snack time is announced.

As for me, school is winding down. A week and a half left of class and then my finals. I'm looking forward to being done, but not ready for the end of the semester yet. I am also trying to find a part time job for the summer. The milk checks just aren't enough to make ends meet, so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping to find something part time at a garden center, but I may be over qualified. I guess all I can do is try. If that doesn't pan out, I guess we'll just have to keep pinching even further and hope milk prices go up.

Today is also my dad's 60th birthday! Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: