Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dairy Expo

I don't even know where to start. I am exhausted. Tuesday morning we left for the Dairy Expo. We had to make a quick stop at the lawyer's office to close on our house. Yes, we are now officially homeowners! When we got checked in to our hotel for the Expo, we headed down to the pool. It was Tate's first time swimming. He was unimpressed. The water was a little cold so he wasn't terribly happy to be there. After swimming we headed to the banquet. It was a long wait for food, so the kids were crabby and I ended up leaving with Tate shortly after the speaker started, which is why we went to the banquet. We wanted to hear Baxter Black. He's a cowboy humorist/poet. They also had a silent auction at the banquet and Pat was trying to win an AMPI semi for the boys. Unfortunately, someone else wanted it worse. We later found out it was probably a good thing since you can apparently buy them for about $35 and it went on the auction for $125. Wednesday was spent touring the trade show. Pat took in a couple of sessions and I tried to take in one, but Tate only lasted about 10 minutes before he decided it was time to go. Thursday morning we took a quick swim, then back to the trade show one last time. Then it was off to Menards.

I've been searching for fencing on craigslist, and found some a while ago. We were waiting to hear back from a local guy that had some, but it turns out he didn't have much and he wanted a lot for it. So of course the stuff on craigslist was gone by the time we decided to go that route. Anywho, we ended up buying new at Menards, along with a little storage shed for all the boys outside toys. I don't usually do store credit cards, but with milk prices so low we don't have an extra $1000 lying around this month, or ever, so we got a Big Card and have the rest of the year to pay off the fence, interest free. Pat is working on installing the fence as I type.

Tate and I were supposed to head to Nebraska this weekend for a baby shower, but with the forecast calling for a blizzard on Sunday, we decided to not risk it. I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to it. It's probably a good thing though. Tate had an awful night last night. I wish I could blame it on teething, but there are no signs of the little devils getting even remotely close to poking through. He went to bed at 8:30, was up at 9, up again at midnight until almost 1:30, then up again at 3:50, when I finally brought him into bed with me. I'm exhausted. I'm also crabby. Pat and I don't do projects well together. He thinks that if something is my idea, I must do ALL the work for it. I have no problem helping, but I don't think I should be responsible for anything that does not go according to plan. It was the same with the stove. Since I picked it out and it didn't work correctly, it must be my fault. Grrr. Anyway, I suppose I should go do something productive, like fold laundry, so he doesn't think I'm wasting the day on a nap. I wish.



No comments: