Friday, July 27, 2012

Farm Tour

We've had a couple of impromptu farm tours lately.  On Saturday our well guy brought out his 2 middle school aged grandkids.  I think they are from PA and hadn't seen a dairy before.  I enjoy showing people our farm.  We take a lot of pride in what we do and it's nice to show it to others.  Cole was super excited.  He is probably our best tour guide.  He took them around, explaining what everything was and they helped him feed calves.

On Sunday we had another group.  A band from CA playing for the Veteran's Association were in town and wanted to see a dairy.  They were all in their 20s and 30s and were absolutely fascinated by the farm.  This is my target group.  I enjoy dispelling some of the misconceptions about dairying that a lot of people have.  To be honest, it makes me a little nervous to have people take pictures and video of our farm.  Not that we have anything to hide, but others see things differently than I do.  But this group was absolutely fascinated by everything and I'm sure that they will portray their pictures and videos the same way.  So if you ever want to tour a dairy, or know someone who does, let me know!

No comments: