Monday, July 23, 2012

The Farm

 Our next trip was done without Pat.  If I waited for him to come along, I'd never leave.  We've talked for the last few years about heading up to my Uncle's, but never seem to make it.  My Dad grew up on a farm just south of Canada.  His brother runs the farm now, another lives in town, and a sister lives about an hour away.  It was our favorite summer destination growing up.

We decided to head up at the same time my sister and her family was going to be there so the kids could play together and with Uncle Roger!
Sprinkler fight!
 It was hot, hot, hot!  We headed into the pool for an afternoon too.  It was the one day there was a threat of rain, so we did our best to end the drought.  It didn't rain, but we had a great afternoon at the pool.

When Roger puts his mind to something, he goes all out.  He had a juicer and thought it would be fun to make juice with the kids.  He bought the store out of fruit and we made juice!  Cole was very curious about sugar beets, so we also juiced some of those.  He even tried the mud colored juice to see if it tasted like sugar.
Juicing sugar beets
We also got to meet my cousin's baby, born in December.  He and Shelby got a little acquainted.
4 months apart
It was a wonderful vacation.  The kids got to run free and I got to relax.

6 of the 9 next generation
 Cole's new obsession is sugar beets.  We are hoping to head up this fall and take in some of beet harvest.  I hope it works out because I don't know if I can stand the questions for that long.  He's kind of like Roger, when he's got an idea in his head, he goes all out :)

No comments: