Monday, September 27, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

If I could figure out how to make a little heart, I would heart Penzey's. I love getting the new catalogs. There is always a new recipe to try. The latest issue was no different. Yesterday we cooked, ground, and froze pumpkins. This morning I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.

3 Cups sugar
1 cup oil (I used 1/2 oil, 1/2 applesauce)
4 eggs (I only used 3 because that's all I had)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon (I love the Penzey's cinnamon)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 cup milk
1 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling). (I,obviously, used fresh pumpkin)
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Spray tins with cooking spray. Beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. In a seperate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture and blend. Add half the milk and half the pumpkin, mix, repeat. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into muffin tins, about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes until springy and brown.

The recipe says it yields 24 muffins. I made 39 muffins plus 24 mini muffins. Maybe it was the fresh pumpkin, but it made a lot of muffins. Luckily they are delicious.

No comments: