Friday, August 21, 2009

The Lake

So here in the land of 10,000 lakes we all refer to our trips as a trip to the lake. You might think that would refer to the Great Lake of our state, but no. It actually means any one of our closer to 15,000 little lakes. I digress.

The four of us, yes, Pat came too!, headed up for a night with Pat's grandparents at their rented cabin. The weather was far from wonderful, but we left Tate with Grandma and headed out with Grandpa John for some fishing. It was cold and wet, but fun. Cole caught a little fish (I forgot my camera) and the rest of us didn't do much better. We had better luck this morning, with fish, not the weather. We mostly caught sunfish, some rock bass, and some crappies (pronounced croppies, although they did give Pat the crappies). It was a short trip, but wonderful to get away from the farm and relax. We took our own sweet time driving home and to complete our lazy day I fed my children apples and leftover chicken. I wonder if that will fly for the rest of the weekend...

No comments: