Thursday, July 2, 2009

June Road Trip III : Jenn and Charlie's Wedding

Last weekend we packed up the van and headed as an entire family to WI for my oldest sister's wedding. The weather was looking a little leery, but it cleared just in time and turned into a beautiful day, for everyone, except me. I have always gotten motion sickness ever since I was little, but as I have gotten older and had kids, it's gotten a whole lot worse. All it took was a trip across town in the back seat and I was out. I made it through most of the wedding, but I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to enjoy my sister's day. I did make it out of the van for the end of the reception so it wasn't a total loss, but definitely not as much fun as I had hoped. I feel awful for Jenny. Like she needed to worry about me on her wedding day! Regardless, I am thrilled for her and her new husband.
The bride and groom with their five children, I mean, niece and nephews.

Water Fight! Later Tova turned on Uncle Jim.

The bride's family.

The bride's cousins. When this picture was first done, the bride was the tallest and the youngest had to be held up.
I don't have a copy of the professional pictures yet. I missed the gift opening, where they were handed out. I've seen them though, and they are great. I'll post some of my favorites when I get a hold of them.
We had a leisurely trip home. We stopped at Cabela's to have lunch and look at the fish. We were going to stop and pick strawberries, but they were closed. Hopefully we'll do that another day soon. June is over and we won't be going anywhere for a whole week! Next up is a short, hopefully camping, trip to Sioux Falls for what we hope will be Cole's final visit to the cardiologist. If everything looks ok,he should be discharged from his care. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

Brennan Blog said...

Who were the cousins? I think I saw Kirsten but anyone else on the Niermeier side?