Monday, March 23, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing goes right? Unfortunately, for me it was last night. Tate decided he wasn't going to sleep last night so I was up with him until about 12:30 when I finally drugged him with Ibuprofen. When I finally came down to go to bed I heard some dripping. I discovered water running in over the door. Apparently the wind hit just right and the rain found a way in. Upon discovering that I tripped over a lovely musical toy and set that off. It was not a good night.

Fortunately the day went ok. It was back to school after our nice spring break. After class I managed to get a little nap. Sadly, I think those days are coming to a close. Cole used to nap for 3 hours. Lately, if he naps at all, it's only about an hour and a half, at most. I don't know if it's the weather or what. In one way it's nice because we can spend part of our afternoon outside playing, but on the other hand, I like naps! I did manage a little productivity today. I got all the laundry folded from yesterday. I had the boys clothes folded and in the basket ready to go upstairs. We keep their jammies in a cupboard in the dining room (less trips up and down stairs). I went to put the jammies away, came back and discovered this.
Yes, that's Tate poking his head out from underneath the pile of freshly folded clothes. He wasn't crying. He actually thought it was kind of funny when I started to pull the clothes off of him. Seriously, how do you punish a kid while you are trying not to laugh?

Cole and I also started an ECFE class tonight. It's a separating class, and Cole made it the whole time. They had 2 teachers stay with the kids and a lot of new kids tonight, so he wasn't the only crier. They all made it through. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Other than that, nothing terribly exciting. Tomorrow Juno goes in to get fixed, which means an early morning for me.

No comments: