Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It Never Ends

Is it really March? It still feels like January, and I'm not just talking about the weather. Seriously, where did the time go? The past week has been very busy.

Last week Thursday, Cole started his IFSP with Mrs. M from school. He spent all morning farming with Daddy since the weather was the exact opposite of today. They came in for dinner. Cole got a quick hair cut. Pat and I moved the new oven into the kitchen. Mrs. M came. Some people came to buy our old dining room table. That all happened within about 15 minutes.

Cole's first visit went pretty well. He was excited to have someone new to show off for. There was a lot going on so he had a hard time focusing on the task at hand, but hey, he's only 2.

Pat got the oven installed. I spent all afternoon adjusting it only to find later that evening that flames shoot up the sides of the oven. I don't think that's supposed to happen. Pat didn't' get a chance to look at it until the weekend and after being disconnected from Sears 3 times we finally got an appointment with a repair man, for next week! Seriously?!? I haven't been able to use the oven at all. You don't realize how much you need it until it's gone. We've been having a lot of roasts and hamburger helper. No pizza. I guess that's a bonus since that is usually my fall back option.

Cole and I were supposed to start swimming lessons Thursday night after the week before we had been snowed in. Only I ended up with a migraine, due to the weather or oven, no one knows. I was really upset about it. The weather better clear up by Thursday or I am going to be down right mad! I am really excited to do lessons with him. He loves the water.

We also managed to sell our old dining room table. I had put it in the Hy Vee Trader and I figured I would let it run a week. If it didn't sell, I was going to take it to Goodwill. I can't believe we actually sold it! It was worth nothing to me. I just wanted it out of my house. The buyers seemed to think they were getting a heck of a deal, and I am rid of it. Everybody wins!

This past weekend wasn't much slower. Pat and I had a dinner with the Elevator Saturday night, so we hired a babysitter. This is the first time we've had a non-relative or friend babysit. It was kind of nice. We didn't feel the need to rush home. Cole was thrilled to have someone new to play with and she said Tate didn't fuss at all. It worked out so well we had her back to babysit Monday morning while I went to class since she didn't have school. Unfortunately, she's a senior so we won't have her around long.

Our night out was nice. Normally the elevator does a meeting/party combo, which never ends well. This year they just had a nice meal at a local restaurant and gave away a few prizes. The food was good and no one was upset from having to sit in a meeting. After dinner Pat and I headed to the bar for a couple of drinks (I don't recommend Smirnoff Passion Fruit).

I think that about sums it up. The boys are doing great. Tate was up to 16 lb 4 oz last week when he had his RSV shot. He comes up to Cole's shoulder already. I had to dig out 12 month pants for him since everything else is too short. I think he has about 4 pairs that actually fit. Cole has been busy singing his ABCs. He's speech has improved greatly. He's been answering yes or no questions and I can finally have a conversation with him. Well, I better run. He's begging for some red juice.

No comments: