Sunday, March 22, 2009

Financial Woes

I don't usually like to write about financial stuff. Mostly, it's nobody's business. Also, someone always has it worse or someone was smarter about it. That being said, I'm not looking for sympathy or handouts, just an outlet for some financial frustration.

Milk prices have tanked (get it!?!). Anywho, so it's been tough making ends meet the last couple of months. Our income has decreased by about 80% this month. In January, it was tight. February we had to pull a little out of savings to make it. This month we could basically drain our account. I spent 3 years building that up to watch it disappear in 3 months. It's just depressing. Pat still has some corn to sell, but he too has bills that need to be paid. We've got money. It just wasn't intended to pay bills. We've set money aside for buying our house from Pat's parents, which we will start paying on this month. The other money I set aside was for improvements. It paid for our new flooring, our refrigerator, and dining room set. I just hate to see it disappear with no notion of when we'll be able to build it back up again. We've made our share of stupid financial decisions. We probably shouldn't have bought the snowmobile, or even the dining room set, but at the time we could do it. I probably shouldn't have bought a Kettler trike for the boys this week. But it retails for $260 and I bought it for $80! Sometimes you have to spend money on a little fun. Regardless, Pat suggested I put my name on the sub list at some local schools. I'd been thinking about it, but wasn't going to say anything. The thought of being away from my boys all day makes me want to cry. I have a hard enough time keeping up at home the way it is. I did send some emails out today so we will see if anything comes of it. I can only be used as a last resort since I do not have a teaching license. Ugh. I hope milk prices turn around soon. Until then, I guess I need to budget a little better...

2 comments:

Brennan Blog said...

Everyone is feeling the financial pinch right now...hang in there and know that you are not alone!

Anonymous said...

Please don't cry ... I don't like it when you cry because is makes me cry. :( Hang tough and don't buy anymore snowmobiles.

*Jenn*