Monday, February 2, 2009

Puppy Update

I'm sure you are all just dying to know how things are going with Juno. She's doing pretty well. She's helping keep toys picked up off the floor since everything on it seems fair game for chewing. She hasn't been too bad yet, but I'm sure the chewing will pick up when she's big enough to get more things in her mouth. She's been doing pretty well in her kennel at night. She only cries when she hears someone up. I've been taking her out when I get up to feed Tate, or like last night, I took her out while he actually slept through the night! Go figure, as soon as I have to get up anyway, he'll decide to sleep. I don't think he'll make it tonight though. Anywho, Juno was welcomed, brutally, to life on the farm today. Pat had her in the parlor while he was working on some stuff and she got her tail caught in the door. It actually cut the tip of her tail off! I don't know how, but she lost the cute little white tip. Go figure! She's doing fine and leaving the second wrap alone. She pulled the first one off and started bleeding again. She's been pretty good with potty training. I try to take her out every couple of hours and that seems to work. She only had one accident today, and that was about 15 minutes ago. Although she hasn't spent a whole lot of time inside today either. She is pretty smart though. Yesterday Pat was letting her out of the shop as the milk truck pulled in. I guess she darted back to the shop door and wouldn't come out until the truck had stopped. Hopefully she'll keep that habit. I guess our milk truck driver had planned on giving us one of their puppies that are due this spring. I thought that was nice since it wasn't his fault he hit Calvin. So far we have been keeping her in the house and I put her in the shop when I'm gone. Pat lets her out when he's around working on stuff. When she's in the shop I guess she just sits by the door. Pat's dad opened up the big garage door to the shop this morning, not knowing she was in there and she didn't budge from her spot by the door. So far so good....

Tonight Cole and I had school again. He loves school and is starting to get excited to see the other kids, but he didn't make it very long during separation tonight. Any tips out there? I try explaining to him that I will just be in the next room and he'll stay with B~ and D~ and Mrs. T and have a snack, but that wasn't working for him tonight. I'm just at a loss. I don't know what I can do to make it ok and I don't know how far to push him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: