Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Emergency Christmas

Apparently the Twin Cities are loyal Daily Show watchers. A couple of weeks ago, John Hodgman announced that a cure for the recession would be to have an emergency Christmas. MSP must have theirs scheduled pretty soon. Shopping in the cities was insane. Traffic was backed up on 494 and finding a parking spot at MOA was almost impossible. Is Valentine's Day comparable to Black Friday? Despite the crowds we managed to make our rounds on the search for my sister's wedding dress. Unfortunately we didn't have much luck on Saturday in that department.

Sunday, Kristen and I found our bridesmaid dresses. Since Jenn won't bend on this black and white color scheme, we've decided to make green the unofficial color and will be dressing our boys in green matching ties. Although, I'm rethinking that to green plaid shorts and white shirts, but we'll discuss that later. Anywho it was a busy weekend full of shopping. We did find the perfect dress for Jenn on Monday.

Cole did really well with his cousins. He loved running around with the big boys and even shared with Tova. Still not crazy about being touched, but one step at a time. Tate did fine except at night. I'm not anxious to travel with him again any time soon.

On Monday, after dress shopping, I headed to the mall for a final stop. I decided to run through ranges at Sears just to compare. Low and behold, I found it! I found my perfect range. It has 5 burners and a convection oven, and it was about $300 less than anywhere else. The only problem is that I hate our Sears in Marshall. They have absolutely no customer service. So I thought I'd buy it in Rochester and have it delivered to Marshall. The only problem is the one here is privately owned and won't take deliveries for customers from other Sears stores. So my dad is going to bring it out for me. Yay! I'm so excited. I bought a cast iron griddle to use over the middle burner. I actually think I'll use that a lot for burgers, pancakes, grilled cheese, etc.

Saturday also marked 7 months of life for my baby! Can you believe it? He's getting pretty good at sitting. He still won't roll, but I think he's just stubborn. He's got the strength. He tries to sit himself up from laying on his back. Crazy kid.

No comments: