Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Random Updates

Wow, it's been over a week...oops. I really try not to go this long between posts, but honestly it's been ordinarily crazy here. The weather has been mostly gorgeous the past week. Yesterday and today have been rainy, but still around 40 degrees. Last week I took both boys out to get a little sunshine. Experts are now saying kids don't get enough vitamin D, which can play a role in broken bones. I, however, don't think that was Cole's problem seeing as he is outside everyday, rain or shine, doing chores. Anywho, I thought it was also a good opportunity for a family photo. We don't do nearly enough of these. I guess that could be one of my resolutions for the year, to take more family candids.

Cole has been obsessed with wearing a cap the last few days. I think it was because I let him wear a cap instead of a stocking hat outside since it was nice. Last night he wanted to wear it to bed. This is what I found when I went up to put Tate to bed about an hour after Cole went to bed. He even came down this morning with it on. I guess it did come off in his sleep, but he put it right back on. Pat called this morning at 7 to say that Cole was standing at the top of the stairs, with his hat on, watching them out the window.

I spent Sunday in bed, sick. It wasn't horrible sick, but it wiped me out enough that I missed class yesterday. I am doing much better today. Cole and I did manage to make it to the last of our ECFE classes last night. He didn't separate at all. We are going to start another one at the end of March, so we'll see how it goes. I am going to sign him up for swimming lessons, which I am looking forward to.

We are supposed to get the results of Cole's speech assessment tomorrow. I'm not sure which way I'm hoping it turns out. On one hand it would be nice for someone to work with him and get him to answer questions instead of repeat, but on the other, it's one more thing to schedule in and I'm fairly sure the next time Tate is evaluated he'll be getting physical therapy. More on that later. I think Cole is doing pretty well with speech though. Besides the repeating, he talks constantly, knows what things are, puts words together, and all that jazz. He just doesn't answer questions well. I'm really trying to work on this with him, but I just don't know how. Today he made me really proud though. He has a FP Playpod that sings the ABC's, numbers, and has letter and number recognition games. He loves music, but refuses to sing himself. Today I caught him singing the ABC's with his Playpod!

Back to Tate. Not much has changed there. He's not sitting, not rolling. He still tries to sit himself up in everything, but if you sit him up alone he tips to one side or the other. He refuses to roll, but doesn't mind being on his tummy. He doesn't need much help to roll, I think he just lacks motivation. He has been sleeping through the night, finally! It's still sporadic, but it's been more often than it has been. It's so nice to get sleep!

The dog is doing well. We had a messy today yesterday. She did not want to go outside in the wind and rain so she preferred to do her business on the floor, 4 times. It's been much better today.

Our new dining room table comes this week and on Saturday the boys and I are heading to the cities to go wedding dress shopping with my sisters and mom. I am so excited to go. I wish I didn't have to drag the boys along, but Pat is doing a guys weekend in a few weeks, so he's staying home on the farm. Well, that's my update. I'll try to be a little better this week as we actually have fun things going on.

No comments: