Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

This post has been brewing for a while, but I never take the time to actually sit down and write it. I've discovered some really awesome things lately that I wanted to share.

  1. Mary Kay tinted moisturizer. I don't wear a lot of makeup. I love this stuff. My face is always dry and I never wear enough moisturizer. I use it like foundation, daily. Love, love, love it.

  2. Bogs boots. OK, most of you probably don't have much call for a winter work boot, but if you do, get these. I spent years trying to find boots to keep my feet warm. I never succeeded. Last year I finally bought myself a pair of Bogs. I would have bought Cole a pair this year, but they don't go small enough. Well worth the money. They're warm, and they last.

  3. Best Buy in Eden Prairie. They have family parking! I don't care so much about the store, but they have family parking! I think all stores should have that. It is such a pain to tote a baby and a toddler across the parking lot in the winter, or summer, for that matter.

  4. Screen cleaner. I ironically bought this at #3. Our laptop is full of junk and little boy finger prints. I have tried everything to get them off, but no luck. So I picked up some cleaning wipes and I can see again! It worked on the touch pad too. Having a lap top in the kitchen isn't always a good idea.
  5. Schwan's pre-cooked cubed chicken. I don't know why I haven't been buying this for years. So much easier than thawing, cooking, and chopping up chicken breasts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bog boots, huh? Think they would be good in perennials or for snow removal? And hows the arch support?
Cathy

Anonymous said...

i also was curious about the bogs. i've seen them in some of the garden mags, but wasn't sure i wanted to spend the money... but they are pretty nice, huh? i love the colors and designs, too. fun! for my winter wear, i love my sorels, and they are burgundy color, so not so manly looking! i've also been considering the schwans chicken selection... my list there gets larger every time they visit!

andrea