Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day

So I'm a little behind in my blogging. My goal today is to write posts to put up while we are gone this week. We'll see...

Christmas was very good this year. We spent Christmas Eve with Pat's family and Christmas Day at home. That evening some of Pat's extended family came over for oyster stew. It was a good time, but I have way too much junk food left over. I even took it to the big family Christmas on Saturday and still have left overs. Ugh.

Cole and Tate made out very well this year. Cole was easily distracted by every present he opened. He wasn't as thrilled about books and clothes, but he got plenty of toys and games that he would run off with to play with right away. We had to take away the trucks he got from my sister so he would finish opening presents. Tate slept through the whole ordeal. Pat and I also got a lot of nice things. The boys got me an electric fireplace. Pat got MarioKart Wii, so we've played that quite a bit. Cole likes to play racing, which means he sits and watches. Pat also got some Christmas money so yesterday we headed out and bought ourselves a new dining room table. The one we have we bought second hand pretty cheap. It's not our style and it's not in the best shape anymore. It served its purpose, but it was time for a new one. We picked out a very nice solid birch table. I searched online for a picture but came up empty handed. I guess you'll all have to wait until it arrives in about 6 weeks. In the mean time you'll have to be satisfied with pictures of the boys from Christmas Day.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I bought MarioKart for Wii for Sandy and Travis too.

Anonymous said...

MarioKart rocks. I brought the Wii home with me Sunday(Dave had a hard time letting it out of his sight;)). I think it was on from 9am Monday to 1:30am Tuesday. My brothers were complaining that the kids wouldn't go home so that they could play.
Cathy