Monday, December 8, 2008

The Annual Christmas Letter

I did it. I finished our Christmas letter! I just have to have Pat proof read it and I'm done. Of course, then I have to print them all out, address envelopes, and mail them. I also ran out of ink, so I have to wait for that to come in the mail too. But it's written!

I love Christmas letters. It's great to catch up on all the happenings from those I don't hear from often. I'm always a little disappointed to get a card with just a signature. I don't care if all you have to say is "Living in the same place, going to the same job, driving the same car." (Try to say it a little less depressing of course). I just like to know what has or hasn't changed in your life in the past year. I enjoy reading them, but I don't really like writing them. I wasn't terribly blessed with great writing skills. I got the math skills, my sisters got the creative stuff. So it's hard to come up with something fun and witty. Of course, having kids helps make it more interesting. This year I decided to go the newsletter route. I'll post it at a later date. I don't want to spoil it for those who will get it in the mail.

Saturday we went and cut down our tree. Sunday we decorated it. Cole loved all the tractor ornaments. It was really fun watching him this year. He's finally big enough to understand a little better. Here are a few pictures.
Cole putting the star on the top of the tree.

Checking out the Nativity Set. The lamb got lost last year and never returned.

Cole's section that he decorated all by himself. Notice the 4 tractors in a row.

Our tradition, picture ornaments. Cole colored his own this year. Can you tell?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to completely agree with the Christmas letter idea! I love getting the letters from family and friends that I have not heard from! I love coming home to my parent's and the first thing I do is go to the card bucket my mom has and start looking for the letters of the people I know! I can't wait to have my own family and do the same (or maybe I am ok with waiting on the family thing... haven't decided if I want to grow-up just yet! haha) I have to say... I am now addicted to the idea of this blogging too..... It is a great way to keep updated on your boys!!! Hope you and the MN crew all have a joyful holiday! Hope to see you all soon than later!!!

Love,

Katie