Monday, February 27, 2012

Milestones

It's official! Unless I have this baby in the next 5ish hours, which is not likely at this point, this is officially the longest I have ever been pregnant, 34 weeks, 2 days. It feels good to surpass both boys, but I am starting to get impatient. Everything that needs to be done is done with the exception of installing the car seat. My body aches and I feel awkward and clumsy, but I guess that's a small price to pay for avoiding the NICU and labor-stopping drugs. We haven't reached those milestones yet. They'll try to stop labor up until 36 weeks, so I still have 2 more to go. Two is also the number of shots I have left. One today and one next week. I'm not sure if it's the shots or the lack of stress and infection that's keeping this baby in here, but whatever it is, I'll take it.

Other than that, life is pretty normal around here. I've been busy going through baby stuff and the boys have been super eager to help out. I went through a tote full of old shoes the other day. Tate found a pair of Woody boots that he got for Christmas about 2 years ago. Needless to say, his feet have grown a bit since then. That didn't stop him from trying to squish his feet in there so he could wear his Woody boots again.

It's been kind of fun going through baby stuff and remembering how tiny the boys were. Part of me is a little sad to see our family change. It's kind of nice having 2 mostly self-sufficient kids. Don't get me wrong, we are excited about this baby, but it's been a while since we've had a newborn around. Sigh. I suppose I should sign off and go do something semi-productive. I'll probably just go sit down and eat something instead :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

No photos of pregnant mama? I bet you're radiant. And how cool is it that the boys are wanting to help get ready for the baby? We'll see how long that lasts, right? I bet they'll be super helpers.