Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Oh, that was yesterday? Meh.

I'm not big on Valentine's Day. Basically it's just a day to be angry at your significant other when they forget to get you something. While Pat and I were dating we were always apart for V-Day. Since being married, we've usually gone out to dinner, which we did last night. Sometimes he gets me flowers. Yesterday morning he gave me an opened pack of licorice, which is not my favorite candy. It's like slightly flavored wax. Yum. Supper was fantastic though. Steak and crab legs!

The boys, however, were big on Valentine's this year. Cole's party was Monday. He had a blast playing games and making crafts. I stayed and had lunch with him and then headed back to his room with him to play while the others went to gym. Dr. says no gym until the arm is healed. We had a good time and it was nice to be with just him. Tate's party was today. I made Pat go. After the Christmas party flop, I refused. I guess today's party wasn't a whole lot better. Tate was super excited though. He had to show me all his valentines and carried around a purple Rapunzel eraser, until he lost it, because it came from his friend Cydney.

Cole even made valentines for just about everyone. It was actually pretty cute. He cut the paper, told me who they were for and had me write a message in each one. Things like "I like when you let me help you do chores" or "I liked the cookies you made me." Of course, when he as finished he looks at me and says "you don't need one do you mom?" Gee. Thanks.

No comments: