Saturday, April 24, 2010

Name That Kitty Contest

This guy showed up at our farm on Thursday. He's very friendly and we aren't sure where he came from. At any rate, we are hoping he sticks around, but he needs a name! So leave your favorite name choice in the comments. Winner gets bragging rights! I know, what a great prize!


Since I had the camera out, I thought I'd take a few pictures of our spring crop of kittens. This one is my favorite. He's only semi-tame. When we found him, Cole claimed we should bring him inside. I almost gave in, but one house cat is plenty. He doesn't really have a name either. I was going to call him Sam after our old house cat (not positive if he is actually a he or a she), but I keep calling him Tabs.
These next two are very tame. The black and white one was actually adopted in by the mother cat. She started with 2 kittens, but lost one.

These next kitties made their blogging debut back here. She started with 4, and is down to 2, but these two are looking really healthy. They are all fairly wild and the momma cat is really protective when the boys come around.
Don't forget to name our kitty!

4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Suggestions for cat #1: Joey, Coby, Simon ... then in honor of your love for Harry Potter ... George, Fred, Percy (oooh, my favorite)

jennifer elliott said...

For the kittens (the white one and the black and white one), if they're female ... I suggest Molly, Daisy, Polly, Sally or Annie. For males, look at my first comment. Some of those names should fit.

Not to mention, I think you should go with some sort of theme. Name the cats after the Simpson characters or something ... ooooh, you can name them after "How I Met Your Mother" characters.

Sometimes, I'm too brilliant for my own good.

MrsTallPaul said...

I have no suggestions for the kitty names... I am having enough issues with naming my child! But I will have to say that your pictures absolutely melted me - I LOVE kitties! I miss being on the farm with all the babies - thanks for sharing! mamie

Kristi said...

Joanna suggests the name Smokey.