Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I normally don't do resolutions. This year I have decided to be nicer to my husband. Long before Pat and I started dating, we were typically our friends' entertainment. We ripped on each other constantly. After 2 years of dating and 5 years of marriage (today!) it's really starting to wear on our relationship. We've had our fair share of problems, so this year, I am going to make a conscious effort to be nicer to him. Right now that's been fairly easy since he threw his back out a few days ago and can't do anything. I've had the bed to myself the last 2 nights (and looking like again tonight) since he's been sleeping in the chair or couch, which is apparently more comfortable for him. I don't get it either. But anyway, back to the nice thing. It should be easy, but I am trying to be nice without criticizing. That's hard. I'm hoping that my being nicer will cause him to be nicer, and our kids to be nicer. I'm also trying to stop yelling, but I really struggle with yelling at Cole to stop yelling at his brother. Oops. Wish me luck!

No comments: