Monday, June 15, 2009

Week in Review

I thought this summer would be pretty laid back. Since my FIL is having both his knees done this summer, I figured we wouldn't be going anywhere and we'd just have a nice relaxing summer at home. Riiiight. So far June has been crazy!

Last weekend, I packed up the boys and headed to Wisconsin for my sister's bridal shower. It was very nice. No stupid games, just nice gifts and great food. Tate wasn't so impressed though.

My other sister was determined to fight him to sleep. She lost. It only took about 3 seconds in the van for him to give in, but he was determined no one was going to cuddle him to sleep!

Tuesday we threw a surprise 60th birthday party for my parents. Someone almost blew it by wishing my dad a happy birthday a little too early on in the party, but he didn't get it since his birthday was actually in April. We had a great time and Coley loved following around his older cousins.

Wednesday brought in Cole's 3rd birthday! After a quick breakfast and some time opening gifts with Grammy and cousins, we loaded back up in the van and headed home. The cake and gifts were a hit, as was the bike helmet I bought him a couple of days earlier.

Next up, Tate turned 11 months on Sunday. He's starting to nap better and sleep better at nights. He's had one tooth pop through and the other is getting closer. He's not big on showing them off though. He can wave bye bye and is getting closer and closer to moving. We'll see what PT brings tomorrow!
After PT tomorrow I am packing up the boys again, and this time heading to NE to visit a college friend and her new baby. I think it will be a fun trip. It's been a long time since I've been back to NE. We are making at stop in SD to pick up another friend and her little boy. It should be interesting traveling with so many little boys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travel safe! I pray that God will keep you and the boys and your friends safe on your journey! Love you!

P.S. Your boys are adorable.

mrsolsenk12 said...

Wow, I feel so proud to be mentioned in your blog! I can't wait to see all of you tomorrow.