Saturday, June 20, 2009

June Road Trip #2

I packed up the boys on Tuesday and took off for Nebraska. We stopped to pick up another friend, K~, and her little boy, D~, who is 3 1/2. It was a good trip. It was fun to get together with old college friends and just hang out with our kids. My friend, Jessica, and her husband recently had a baby boy, hence the reason for the trip. Cole and D~ played together pretty well, at least I thought so. Cole doesn't seem to really play with anybody his age, so the fact that they were fighting with light sabers was fun for me to watch. Cole was actually the bossy kid, which was hard for me. Usually when he's involved in a dispute you can pretty well bet it's the other kid. Not this time. He'd walk up to D~ with a toy and start saying "No! It's mine!" D~ would look at him like he was nuts and I had to remember to tell him he was being mean. Very odd for me. I think they had fun together though. Cole even gained some interest in potty training, since D~ is potty trained.

Wednesday we headed into Omaha and took the kids to the Amazing Pizza Machine, which is kind of like a cleaner version of Chuck E Cheese. The boys had a good time. They got to ride a train and play games. I'd post pictures, but I forgot my camera at home. Lovely, I know. After that we stopped by another college friend's to see her newborn little boy. The kids were cranky, so it wasn't a long visit, but it was still good to see them. One thing I learned is that I don't want another newborn. Maybe it's because I still have a baby that needs to be carried everywhere, but I am so over that stage. We are still undecided on baby #3. Some days I am all for it, others not so much. At any rate, we'll wait another year to make that decision. If anything, I want more like 3 years between kids, rather than 2.

Thursday we packed back up and headed home. I'm ready to be done travelling for a while, but we'll pack up again on Friday and head to WI for my sister's wedding. This time Pat is coming along so that will be nice. I'm really looking forward to the wedding. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I just hope the weather is nice. Currently it's a 30% chance of storms.

1 comment:

mrsolsenk12 said...

It was so great to see you and the boys. I had fun as well. (and I am sure Hayden did also!) we will hvae to make sure we get together again soon. Maybe we can all meet at "K"'s house next time.