Friday, February 7, 2014

The Milk Debate

Look at this!  4 days in a row!

Anywhoodle, since Shelby is not yet 2, and she's tiny, she is on whole milk.  She goes through a lot of milk so instead of buying 2 kinds, I switched us all to whole milk.  We were going through over 3 gallons every 2 weeks.  It got to the point where I finally stopped and asked myself why I am buying milk.  So I stopped buying milk.  We've gone to tank milk and I'm wondering why it took me so long to do this.  The taste!  Oh my goodness!  If you haven't had milk straight from the tank, you are missing out.  There is so much flavor!  We have a plate cooler, and our milk is constantly agitated, so the milk comes out mixed and ice cold, no shaking involved.  I fill a gallon jug about every other day.  It certainly saves on trips to the store and money.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So Yummy!!! We often buy "Milk from the Farm Gate" down here. Fresh, organic grass-fed milk. Yum!! :) (From friends of ours.)

Kristi said...

We have been getting raw milk from a neighboring farmer for a year now. I agree - the taste is soooooo much better than what one can purchase in the store.