Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Time Wasters

We bought an iPad this week.  Apparently, I didn't have enough things to waste my time with.  It has been great motivation for the boys.  "If you are late for the bus, no iPad" or "no iPad until your chores and homework are done."  I wonder how long that will last.  We don't have a lot on it, so if you know of any must have apps, let me know!

My other time waster has been Downton Abbey.  Thanks K!  I'm still on season 1.  I don't watch a lot of TV, so it's hard to find the time to watch it, but it is good.  I watched 2 episodes yesterday before the boys came home from school.

I've also started volunteering in Tate's classroom.  I've been going in for about an hour during center time.  It's fun.  Tate loves having me come and I'm sure that won't last forever.

We've also been spending lots of time at the doctor, but thankfully none of the kids are sick.  Shelby had her 9 month check.  She's a little thing.  I think she weighed in at about 15 pounds.  That doesn't stop her.  She's crawling, pulling herself up, and cruising.

Cole has also been busy at the doctor.  He had his pre-op this week, his post-op next week, followed by surgery next Friday.

Pat and I are taking off next week for a few days.  He'll attend exciting meetings about grain elevators and marketing, and I'll go shopping.

Oh, and I applied for a job.  I interview on Thursday.  It's a long term sub job.  I'm not sure that I want it, but I'm not sure that I don't want it either.  Guess we'll see what happens.


No comments: