Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Recap

Huh, it's January already.

We had a good Christmas.  My parents came out on the 23rd and stayed until Christmas Day.  The boys had their Sunday School Program on Christmas Eve.  Yes, we still do that.  We are a small country church that doesn't like change :).  I'm glad they haven't changed that.  We had 38 kids participate this year.  Four years ago we barely had 20.
Christmas Eve

The kids claimed to have gotten everything they wanted.  I try not to go overboard with the kids.  They have grandparents and aunts, so they get tons of gifts.  This year Cole got a Lego remote control train, extra tracks, books, and pjs.  Tate got a Playmobil knights castle and a couple of smaller sets to go with it, a book, and pjs.  Then, of course, little things in their stockings, wind up toys, splat balls, hexbugs, and candy. Cole also got his very own notebook, stapler, and tape dispenser!  

Pat and I decided to buy a new TV for Christmas/anniversary and not buy anything else.  Then we found this right before Christmas:
We have one snowmobile, but with the boys old enough to ride along, 2 would be nice.  I've wanted a ski-doo since high school, but they aren't easy to find.  I'm not sure if that is because no one is selling them or they don't run anymore, but we finally found one close by.  So I got a new snowmobile for Christmas!  We took the boys for a ride last week.  We met Pat's parents for lunch and by that time, Tate was done.  So on the way home, I got to ride, sans kid.  I flew over a drift, then another and managed to crack and take a chunk out of my windshield.  I'm fine, but mad.  I can't believe I broke my pretty new sled!

On a side note, Cole's next surgery is scheduled for the 25th.  The CT scan showed that his ear bones are in tact, which is wonderful news.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

A tape dispenser goes in Joanna's stocking every year. I actually gave her two of them this year.