Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Cole!

Ok, I realize I'm a week late with this post.  We've been incredibly busy the last couple of weeks and I'm hoping to be able to catch my breath this week.  

My baby boy turned 6 last week. SIX!  Soon he'll be starting kindergarten, and I'm not ready.  The thought of it brings tears to my eyes.  Preschool I could handle, but kindergarten!  That means that for the rest of his life, from August to May, he won't be home with me anymore.  He'll spend more time with his teacher than he will with me.  I'm NOT ready to give him up yet.  It's gone way too fast!

I remember when I was pregnant with Cole.  I've never enjoyed being pregnant.  I remember every week checking the pregnancy book and thinking, if we hit 30 weeks he could be born and be ok.  Little did I know.  At 30 weeks and 3 days we welcomed this guy into the world and I became Mommy.


I couldn't have asked for a better kid.  He's the kind of kid every parent hopes for.  Stays out of trouble, tries to help out.
Age 3
 Some kids know what they want to be when they grow up from a very early age.  I think we knew by age 2 that there would be no taking the farm out of this kid.  He wants to know how and why everything works.  As annoying as that can be, I love this kid to the moon and back and I can't wait to see the man he becomes.  I take that back, I can wait.

Happy Birthday, Cole!  Don't grow up too fast!

No comments: