Friday, March 30, 2012

Pink Slime

Unless you've been living under a rock, I'm sure you've heard the big controversy over pink slime. This whole thing just enrages me. People are so far removed from knowing where their food comes from, yet believe they know best. This is equivalent to me telling you I don't like what you do or how you do it so I'm going to tell you how I think it should be done and then I'm going to spin the truth so that what you do and how you do it look not only irresponsible, but dangerous to me and the rest of the world. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. The worst part is, that people lost their jobs over this. All because some celebrity chef and mainstream news reporter said it's bad. Don't bother to find the facts, if the media says it's true, it must be true. When did we stop caring? When did we decide that the media knows best and everyone else must be conspiring against us? I'm sure that BPI's intent was to make a product that would harm everyone just to get rich and all those people working in the plant just went along with it because they didn't have a conscience. Does that really sound logical? Our country needs to start thinking for themselves and turning off the news. They've proven time and time again that they don't check facts, why should this controversy be any different. If you want the facts on pink slime, here is an excellent source. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think it's important to know where your food comes from. You should question it. I encourage it, but go straight to the source, not the internet, not facebook, and not the news. They are all looking for a story, not facts.

No comments: