Friday, March 12, 2010

Why I'm Glad I Don't Work Full Time

I'm exhausted. I spent this week doing my pre-student teaching experience. We have to spend 10 full days in the classroom, this past week, and one more in May. The teaching part was fine. I spent most of the week observing. I did teach one class today and did a game on Tuesday with one class. The hardest part was that my children can smell importance and know how to make themselves sick. Think I'm lying? When Cole was 14 months he had his PDA closed. It meant he had to be put under anesthesia and they inserted a metal coil up through the vein (artery?) in his leg up to his heart. Putting a 14 month old under anesthesia was the tricky part. It means they can't have a cold, or anything that would put their respiratory system at risk. Guess who got his first nasty cold, in August? Thankfully he was on the mend and they did the procedure anyway. A year later we were going to put him under again so that we could get a good echo of his heart. Guess who had an upper respiratory infection? That worked to our advantage. Since he was feeling so cruddy he just sat there through the whole thing and we didn't need the anesthesia. This past September he was scheduled for pre-school screening. Guess who came down with laryngitis and couldn't talk? Those are about the only times the kid has been sick, until this week. The cough started Friday and the fever came Saturday. Today has been the first day since then that he's been fever free. One kid sick and me gone was manageable so Tate got sick Tuesday night and Wednesday was the day Pat and Grandma couldn't stay with them. So I had to miss Wednesday to stay home. I guess they missed me. Today, I'm exhausted and I'm not sure if it's from "working" all week or if now I'm getting sick...

No comments: