Monday, March 15, 2010

Beautiful blogger


I was honestly going to ignore this pity award from my sister, but seeing as how I need to find a moment to ignore my sick, whiny child, I'd thought I'd post something. Anywho, thanks Krissy!

I don't have anywhere near 15 blogs to nominate, so I'll do the few that I have.

1. First up is Jennifer who hasn't posted since October, but her blog is incredibly funny, as are her facebook updates. Jenny T, as we knew her growing up, has been a family friend since the 80s and if she didn't already have her own family, I'm sure we would have adopted her in. And just in case she sees this, blog a little bit!

2. Next up is Cathy, who also doesn't blog incredibly often. Cathy was a co-worker of mine back in my horticulture phase. My first impression was that she was really weird, but she quickly became one of my very best friends and has remained so.

3. Next we have Sarah, who like the others, doesn't blog often. I met Sarah back in 4-H and then she transferred to my high school. She's definitely had an interesting life, but sounds like things are normalizing lately :)

4. Lastly, I have Mamie. Mamie is married to a college classmate of mine. She didn't plan on having children, but now one is on the way! I'm incredibly excited for them and really enjoy reading how excited she is to be a mom. It's almost enough for me to want to have another one. I said ALMOST.

5. Ok, I lied. I have one more. Jessica is one of my best friends from college. She and her husband traveled the road of infertility and now have an adorable little boy to show for their journey.

Now for 7 random things about me. I think I can come up with 7 of these.
1. I have attended 4 colleges, 2 of them two different times. That adds up to 5 transfers and over 200 undergraduate credits.
2. I used to think I wanted to be a doctor. Turns out you shouldn't always stick with the career choice you make at age 3.
3. Breastfeeding my second child was a whole lot harder than breastfeeding my first. Pat pretty much made the decision that I was breastfeeding, for me. I was still on the fence when Cole was born. Now I can't imagine why you wouldn't at least try it.
4. I've never struggled with my weight, but my sister has made it very clear that I will blow up like a balloon at the age of 30, so I'm sort of trying to watch my diet now.
5. Being a dairy farmer's wife is the hardest, and lowest paying :), job I've ever had. The benefits are very few, but they're big ones. Guess that's why I'm still here ;).
6. I grew up a town kid and I hated it. I always wanted to live in the country. Now, there are days I wished I lived in town so I could walk to the park or run errands, but those days are few and I'm glad my kids will be farm kids.
7. I am addicted to CafeWorld on facebook. I'm really tempted to try SocialCity, but I'm afraid my husband will divorce me and my kids will be completely neglected.

3 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

1. I nominate you for an award and you don't nominate me? What the crap? I know you got one from Krissy, and as the gracious sister that I am, I gave one to you. I am mad at you now.

2. I like your new picture header. Did you name him yet? Can I name him Cody II? That's an inside joke between me and Charlie. If not, can I name him ... great, I can't think of anything. When I think of some great names, I'll get back to you.

3. Don't listen to Krissy ... I think you have a high metabolism and she doesn't. Obviously, I don't have a high metabolism.

4. I heart Cafe World, too! I love it.

5. Do you remember all of the times when we called 911 in Plainview because of the busy intersection we lived on? So many car crashes we would hear and look at from the window and then we would go running for the phone to call 911.

Brennan Blog said...

at least 2 out of my three favorite cousins nominate me.....:) Kidding- I didn't even post about it.....no time.....

Anonymous said...

thanks becky! i am really hoping to start blogging more and yes life has been more than interesting for me. hoping for normality soon:)