Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March Mudness

Ok, so I stole the title, but it was too good not to use, especially with what I woke up to today. Last night's storm brought in a big nasty mess. Snow on top of slush on top of mud. It would have been really handy to have my Kubota this morning, but someone buried it in the shop this morning and then someone else caused a few more issues (that weren't totally his fault) so I can't use it tonight either. My wagon doesn't work very well in this junk.

I'm hoping this is winter's way of saying farewell, but you never know around here. Today was by far the worst commute I have had all winter. That's saying something compared to some of the junk I've driven in. Today was so bad I actually came back home. I drove through roads flooded with slush (not smart, but there was no way to turn around), a highway that felt like a field, a county road down to one lane of tracks. The best part of the trip was the gravel roads back home, and they were no picnic either.

This is what our farmyard looks like. There really isn't a way to clean it. The snow/slush is so heavy it's hard to move. Underneath that is soft gravel/mud.

Come on spring! We need a little heat and a whole lot of sun!

No comments: