Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Boy and His Dog

Everyone is adjusting well to life with Angus, except me. He is worse than a newborn. He cries at night about every hour. He's not quiet either. I'm not sure if he's lonely or has his days and nights mixed up. He seems to sleep just fine during the day, but lock him in the front entry, and bring out the howls. He's doing pretty well with the potty training, except he doesn't realize he actually has a bladder and can hold it. He goes nearly every time I take him out, but that doesn't mean I won't have a mess to clean up within 30 seconds of being back inside.
Cole is loving having a puppy and I think Angus enjoys him too. Cole was begging for Angus to sleep with him tonight, and I was tempted. Maybe he'd actually sleep, but I'm pretty sure I'd have a mess in the morning.

Cole got to do the All About Me board at school this week. So as part of that, I went to his class to read one of his favorite stories. I also brought in Angus. Cole was pretty darn proud of that puppy.

Angus has been trying out all sorts of spots to sleep. This is where we found him shortly before dinner. Tate walked up and said "puppy died" very matter of factly. Pat and I both got a good laugh out of that.

No comments: