Friday, September 16, 2011

A Little Bit of Big News

I've been exhausted lately, and feeling poopy, but I've got a good reason.
Yep, Baby 3! I'm officially due April 8, so we are expecting the little one sometime in March.

Cole is super excited. I had an appointment yesterday, along with ultrasound, so Pat brought the boys to the ultrasound. Cole was so excited we thought he was going to cry. The tech printed pictures for each of the boys to have. Cole wanted to take his in to Pizza Hut so he could tell the lady at Pizza Hut. He tells just about everyone he sees. He's so funny! Tate is excited, but mostly because Cole is excited. I think it will be a rude awakening for him, but he'll survive. He's definitely got the middle child gene.

We are going to do things a little differently this time. Hopefully the end result will be a full term baby. My next appointment is with a high risk Dr. More than likely that consultation will result with me being put on progesterone shots starting as early as 17 weeks. I'm not excited about that, but I would love a full term baby. (I may regret that when it comes time to deliver a 9 lb baby). I'm not really excited about the high risk Dr. I've met her before, post partum with Cole, and she's very matter of fact. My regular doc is very easy to talk to and to ask questions, and this one is very my way or the high way, this is the way it is, type. Not my favorite.

As for the inevitable question? Yes, we are going to find out the sex this time. We didn't with either of the boys because I didn't want to know. Pat has always wanted to know and he's always wanted a girl. I figure this time he can get his way (finding out, I can't make it a girl :). We are obviously ok with a healthy baby of either sex, but a girl would be nice. A boy would be easier, but a girl would be a nice change! Don't worry, we won't keep it a secret. If Cole found out the secret is blown anyway! As for the name, that we may keep quiet. We've got a girl name picked out, which is odd because we could never agree on a girl's name for either of the boys. We had a boy's name set, but never a girl's. Maybe that's a good sign?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Becky! What wonderful news!! :)