Monday, July 18, 2011

Birthday Cakes

Growing up, my mom always made us a special birthday cake. I remember having a Winnie the Pooh cake at some point. I'm sure there Strawberry Shortcake cakes and who knows what else, but every year it was something special. If I had a picture from way back when, I'd post it.

Anywhoodle, birthdays just aren't birthdays without torturing myself into finding a little creativity and making a cake for my boys. This year, Cole wanted Spiderman. I talked him out of a Viking cake because I had NO idea how that was going to materialize. Spiderman has his own special cake pan with instructions.

The second child is always a little more difficult. He likes what his brother likes but I wasn't about to do Spiderman twice. Instead, he came up with an airplane cake. Should be simple right? It wasn't actually too bad, thanks to google. I found a bunch of different ideas, and decided to try some fondant. It could have been better, but it looks like an airplane right?

At least I can take a break for another year. That's one nice thing about having birthdays close together!

No comments: