Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random Ramblings

Ok, so here's our life update, in bulleted form:
  • I finished student teaching and it's been really nice being home, mostly.
  • I did not pass my licensure test, so I have to wait until July to retake, which means I won't be able to get my license by the beginning of the school year, so no teaching job for me next year (I wasn't planning on getting one anyway, but I was hoping to go through the interview process this summer). I missed by 9 points, which is like 2 questions.
  • Tate is potty training. Any suggestions on how to get a kid to poop in the potty?
  • Cole is super excited for his birthday (June 10) and the houseboat. He tells EVERYBODY about it.
  • We've had way too much rain, so much that our sewer backed up in our basement. Fantastic! It also means we need a new septic tank, to the tune of $10,000. Just when I thought we were starting to catch up again with $!
I've been in kind of a pessimistic mood lately (if you couldn't tell). It's not been a fantastic couple of weeks, but the sun is shining. The boys and I are heading up to help plant the rest of our garden. Maybe a little dirt will lift my mood!

No comments: