Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School Readiness, Here He Comes!

I sent my baby to preschool today and I didn't shed a tear. In our district it's known as School Readiness and he goes 2 full days a week. The day has been going pretty fast for me and I'm anxious to see how it went for Cole. Only 45 more minutes of quiet....

As much as the kid annoys the snot out of me some days, I'm not quite ready for this milestone. It seems like just yesterday I was carrying him and his stupid heart monitor around and now he's in school, all day. (Now I'm starting to tear up.) Time can slow down any time now.

Without further ado, the proud preschooler:

It was also picture day today but I wasn't about to send him to school in church clothes. This was one of 2 non-stained plain shirts the kid owns. The other is in the hamper. Oh well, we already had professional pictures done this summer so I don't really need school photos.

As I was leaving school today I ran into one of the kindergarten paras. Mrs. R also has done a lot with the ECFE program so we've known her since Cole was a baby in his cranial helmet. She's gotten to watch him go through the special ed programs, physical therapy, and ECFE to become the short-legged, lime green backpack toting, preschooler he is today. She told me today what a role model I am for sticking with all the early intervention and was truly amazed at how far he's come and what a great job I've done with him. I was completely flattered and had no idea what to say. I feel like I rag and nag on the kid constantly. I know he's a good kid and I know how far he's come, but I certainly don't feel responsible for it or feel like I've done anything out of the ordinary. Wouldn't most parents do what they could to keep their kid on track? Anyway, it was still flattering.

1 comment:

mrsolsenk12 said...

Look at Cole all big and going to preschool. I know when that day comes for me, I will probably bawl!!!