Saturday, November 14, 2009

Zucchini Cookies

Ok, before you write this post off as "yuck, I'd never make those", let me say, I am not an adventurous eater. I prefer meat and potatoes. Nothing too hot, and certainly nothing too weird. With that being said, these cookies are delicious.

Zucchini Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (I love Penzey's cinnamon)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup golden raisins (I omitted these since Pat would refuse to try them if I put them in)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet (I prefer milk chocolate) chips

Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Combine butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Add egg. Gradually add flour mixture, beat until smooth. The dough will be stiff. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes.
Voila! One more way to use up all that zucchini from the garden!

No comments: